Pesto Pecan Potato Salad
- 3 lbs organic red potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup coursely chopped pecans
- 4 finely chopped green onions
- Bring large pot of water to boil and add potatoes. Gently boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender when tested with a fork. Pour into a strainer and douse with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- In a medium bowl, combine pesto, garlic and mayo. Add pecans and green onions and mix thoroughly.
- In your large serving bowl, pour a small amount of the dressing into the bottom. Add cooled potatoes. Pour the rest of the dressing on top and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon until the salad is uniformly dressed. Chill for 1-2 hours for the flavors to meld. If you wait overnight...amazing things will happen to these flavors.